Mr. Dhakal is a first-generation serial entrepreneur of Nepal. He and his brother Hem Raj Dhakal co-founded the IME conglomerate of businesses. He strongly believes and adheres to the ethics of professional financial conduct and governance. Additionally, he has set an exemplary model for the successful merger and acquisition of banks and financial institutions in Nepal. Mr. Dhakal’s visionary leadership has contributed to evolve the IME Group from its humble beginnings into a fast-growing conglomerate. Mr. Dhakal’s leadership in different chambers has contributed to creating a business-friendly environment in Nepal to expand domestic investment and attract foreign direct investment. His public relations are far reaching among the government and non government sectors, diplomatic and business community.
Mr. Dhakal has been serving as the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Indonesia in Nepal since 2010. He is the Vice President of the Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI), the apex body of the private sector of the country. He is also the President of Nepal Indonesia Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Vice President of The Nepal German Chamber of Commerce and Industry. He is an invitee member of the Investment Board of Nepal, chaired by the country’s Prime Minister of Nepal.
Mr. Dhakal has had the award of Prabal Janasewashree (Fourth) conferred on him by the Government of Nepal and the Gorkha Dakshin Bahu IV. He was also awarded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Republic of Indonesia for his outstanding service and support for the successful evacuation mission of Indonesian citizens from Nepal in 2015 Earthquake.
- Prabal Janasewashree (Fourth): Conferred with Prabal Janasewashree (Fourth) in recognition of contribution to the national economy as a Chairman of Global IME Bank Ltd.
- CIP Award 2014: CIP (Commercially Important Person) award by Government of Nepal for bringing in the largest amount of foreign currencies through remittances from IME Ltd.
- Largest Taxpayer: For making contribution to revenue generation by paying the largest amount of taxes to the government from remittances sector in the last three consecutive fiscal years 2013/14, 2014/15 and
- Gorkha Dakshin Bahu IV: Conferred with Gorkha Dakshin Bahu IV
- Honorary Consul : Honorary Consul of the Republic of Indonesia in Kathmandu
- Vice-President : Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI)
- Chairperson : Employers’ Council, FNCCI
- Chairman : Global IME Bank Ltd, Nepal (“A” class commercial bank of Nepal)
- Executive Chairman : IME Group, a business conglomerate that has a wide array of Investment portfolios and CIP Award winner 2014
- Vice-Chairman : International Chamber of Commerce & Industry-Nepal (ICC-N)
- Vice-President : Nepal German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NGCCI)
- Chairman: Western Region Development Forum (a non-profit organization for overall development of western part of Nepal.